"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Floorpi is the third floor of the west parallel of East Campus. Have fun, don't die on hall, and we will sing memes with you.
Floorpi is a pretty cool place. Compared to some of the other halls, the characteristics that define us aren't quite as... ostentatious. We'll take board games and tea time over power tools and explosions most days of the week. In an attempt to promote our less rambunctious form of awesome, the adjective of choice was "mellow." This was replaced later by "MELLOW!!!!!". This was replaced later by "", because no single adjective can describe us as that would be overly reductive.
We have many different kinds of people who do all kinds of different things. Among the things we do are playing board games (Hanabi, Tichu, Spirit Island, Penguin Jrap, Sleep Sort...), puzzles, tea time, video games, mafia, going on food mobs, eating fruit, running hall feeds, watching movies and TV shows on the projector in the lounge, and
math. [Math is dead, we killed it.] More detailed links:
- Fruit Bowl: Fruit Bowl Archive
- Puzzles: Galactic Puzzle Hunt
- Board games: Betrayal at House on the Hill / Castlefall / Choose Your Own Role Mafia / Dominion / Hanabi / One Night Ultimate Werewolf
- Hall memes: Brain World Cup / Dank memes / Luge / Me too thanks / Whoa re you / Yas
According to an early-2017 poll (of floorpi@, including votes from some non-pi respondents), these were what people considered the best ways to denote our hall:
"Which of these would you consider correct?" (Voters could check as many as they wanted)
- 21: ⌊π⌋
- 16: floorpi in the middle of a sentence; Floorpi at the start of a sentence
- 12: ⌊pi⌋
- 12: [π]
- 12: Floorpi
- 11: floorpi — always lowercase, even at the start of a sentence
- 10: floor pi in the middle of a sentence; Floor pi at the start of a sentence
- 10: [pi]
- 10: Floor Pi
- 8: floor pi in the middle of a sentence; Floor Pi at the start of a sentence
- 7: ⌊Pi⌋
- 7: Floor pi
- 6: FloorPi
- 4: ⌊Π⌋
- 4: floor pi — always lowercase, even at the start of a sentence
- 3: ⌊PI⌋
- 3: [Pi]
- 2: [Π]
- 2: [PI]
- 1: ⌊( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⌋ (aka floor lenny)
"Which of these do you usually write or most prefer?" (Single-choice)
- 9: floorpi in the middle of a sentence; Floorpi at the start of a sentence
- 5: floorpi — always lowercase, even at the start of a sentence
- 3: ⌊π⌋
- 2: floor pi in the middle of a sentence; Floor pi at the start of a sentence
- 1: floor(pi)
- 1: [pi]
- 1: Floorpi
- 1: FloorPi