Hi. I'm Anderson Wang. I'm probably most known for having curly hair despite being Chinese. My door is usually open, so feel free to talk with me about puzzles, math, or anything.
- Fall 2012: 18.701, 7.012, 8.012, 24.900
- IAP 2013: Battlecode (with Mitchell, Patrick, and Phillip on team OWN GOAL?!, we somehow got 5th place), iOS game dev competition (with Nathan who did all the work)
- Spring 2013: 18.702, 18.312, 6.046, 8.02, 21M.302
- Fall 2013: 18.315, 6.854, 5.111, 21L.004
I do an unhealthy amount of puzzles. Here are some links.
- Nikoli has tons of high quality puzzles, available for like 5 bucks a month.
- Logic Masters India hosts monthly puzzle contests. Lots of high quality puzzles, and also free!
- The US Puzzle Championship is a yearly contest used to choose the US team at the WPC (World Puzzle Championship), and it'll be June 15 this year. In 2012 I was part of the unofficial B team at the WPC, which was pretty cool.
- some puzzle blogs that I like
- I also have my own blog, but it's not very active. Maybe I'll make more puzzles this
Puzzle hunts (everyone on hall should do these, they're a lot of fun!):
- The MIT Mystery Hunt is the biggest and craziest event each year. Usually there's a hall team, although in 2013 I defected to Palindrome because I've been solving with them since high school.
- DASH and BAPHL are some (usually) biannual events where you run around Boston and do puzzles. These are always a lot of fun.
- The MUMS puzzle hunt, CISRA puzzle hunt, and SUMS puzzle hunt are three online hunts that happen yearly. Floorpi won the 2013 CISRA hunt!
I like playing various games on hall, including but not limited to
- DDR/In the Groove: the only game on this list that I'm any good at
- Mark of the Ninja
- Melee: I mainly play shiek and pikachu, and am pretty terrible at both of them.
- Team Fortress 2
- The Resistance: I've been resistance like 12 times and spy once.
- Tales of Symphonia: played through the game with Mitchell and Nathan. Colette is an idiot.
- Majora's Mask: currently playing through with Mitchell
- random board games like Galaxy Trucker
Other things I do
- I'm a problem czar for the 2014 HMMT February
- I'm a member of the quiz bowl team, and as such, know a lot of silly/useless trivia
- I play piano sometimes, mostly video game music and Rachmaninoff
- I waste a lot of time and procrastinate way too much
Other things I like
- sing-alongs (things I particularly like: dr. horrible's sing-along blog, jonathan coulton, rent and other broadway musicals)
- avatar: the last airbender
- the sporcle app on google hangouts
- the phrase "surprise of the century"
- the phrase "ROWS DECODE"
- eventually I'll come up with more things to add to this list