|Courses|| Chemical Engineering, Biology
My name is Marjorie and I'm a 2018 majoring in 10B and 7A. I live in M301, so feel free to stop by and say hi! I really like to do sports/exercise things, and blabber on about my research :) I'm not really sure how to do this wiki thing, so I guess I'll just start by listing random stuff…
- I have a twin brother named Kieran who is obsessed with tennis
- I'm named after my aunt Marjorie, who is named after my grandmother Marjorie, who is named after my great-grandmother Marjorie, etc….
- I'm double-jointed in my thumbs
- I eat an unreasonably large amount of apples
- I'm from Maryland; born in Baltimore, but lived in Columbia for most of my life
- I'm Irish. My mom was born in Ireland, and I used to visit there every summer; I still can't do a decent Irish accent though…
- I have 15 cousins
- Someday soon I want to get my genome analyzed wit 23andme
- Freshman year, I had an 1000 L swimming pool in my room (with Phoebe), thanks to Jingyi's dream
- I was obsessed with the Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim) and Civilization 3 at some point in my life
- I was also obsessed with Death Note
- I used to have two guinea pigs
Things I do/did on campus:
- Ultimate Frisbee (sMITe) - I just joined in the fall of 2015 (thanks to Alicia), so I'm still a noob. I'd love to throw with you sometime though!
- AEPhi - I joined my freshman year. Joie is my big and Emma is my little. I'm in charge of scholarship and finances ^_^
- Energy Club - BioEnergy Community, Joules - Women in Energy Community, Undergrad Club
- UROP in the Stephanopoulos Lab - metabolic engineering is so kewl!
- iGEM - synthetic biology is so kewl!
- UROP in the Hatton Lab - nanostructured polymers are so kewl!
- Women's Undergraduate Graduate Mentorship program - this is pretty fun and useful; definitely sign up at the beginning of the year if you're a female interested in grad school
- Lightweight rowing - I did this my freshman year, and it was a lot of fun! I highly recommend freshmen to try it especially if you've never rowed before.
Hobbies/stuff I like:
- Running around the Esplanade or along memorial drive - feel free to join me, I like to go a lot :)
- Going to the gym
- Attempting to rock climb or play IM basketball with other members of hall
- Playing tennis (used to play a lot in high school…)
- Eating free food
- Eating apples
- Reading - add me on goodreads!
- Going on random adventures or trying new sports
- Writing essays
- Waking up early
- Making important decisions
- Mint (seriously I can't even have mint toothpaste lol)
- Fall 2014: 5.112, 18.03, 7.016, 3.986, 10A.18
- Spring 2015: 10.10, 5.12, 8.02, 21F.304
- Fall 2015: 5.60, 5.07. 7.03, STS.003, 18.06 (ASE)
- Spring 2016: 10.301, 10.213, 10.702, 21G.315
- Fall 2016: 10.302, 7.06, 7.23, 21G.312, 6.UAR
- Spring 2017: 10.37, 10.345, 10.01, 6.UAR, 7.41 or 7.28, 21M.600 or 21G.321